Here’s why we wanted to visit…
We have only started to visit Spain in the last couple of years, I know, I know ‘what took us so long’ I can here you say….. but it was that fear of, “Brits abroad”.
Well now we love it, and after a mini break to Barcelona in 2014, we wanted more, so there was no alternative but a road trip. We headed off from our driveway in the convertible, and took a ferry south. We visited Santander, Toledo, Granada, Ronda, Jerez, Seville & Salamanca.
It was clear that our brief couple of days in Seville was nowhere near enough time to take in the wonders of this amazing city.
How fortunate were we, it came to November 2015 and we still had some holiday to take from work? No other excuse was needed; we were heading to Seville. A chance of a week-long break in a city we adored all to briefly, was too good to miss.
These are just a few reasons why
– Flights: Another piece of luck, and one you should often bear in mind, are the British Airways sales, and business class upgrades were being offered for a snip.
– Weather: It’s highly likely to be warm in November, so perfect for a city break and great if you want an alternative to a beach holiday. I can imagine that Seville can get extremely hot during their summer months.
– Architecture; To name just a few
Plaza de Espana (my favourite & free of charge)
Plaza de Toros – Seville’s bullring, not everyone’s choice, but equally this is part of Spain’s history.
Old town lanes
Mercado de Triana
– Food & drink: Tapas would be my choice every time, if it wasn’t for their adorable paella and also their Iberico ham & cheese. Sitting in the evening sun sipping a Rioja or a Sangria, grazing at your tapas doesn’t get much better
– Sherry: Seville is not too far from Jerez, so as a recent convert from our Tio Pepe tour, I’m sure we will have a taster.
– Flamenco; try and find a more intimate show, although these are few and far between. The ones slightly more touristy, still look very entertaining though.
– Seville oranges; street after street these jewels are falling out of the trees, don’t forget to where your hard hat. Also try their marmalade.
Let’s start packing now…..